Well, here it is! Not bad for a first-timer, eh? I knew it was going to have too much white still showing, because I needed at least twice as much dye as I had, considering I was dyeing an entire sheet rather than a T-shirt…. but, it didn’t turn out as bad as I thought it might. I also could have used a few more hands – it was so big that I really didn’t have anywhere to lay it out, so I did it outside on the patio table… but it was really windy, and some of my pleats got way too big, but I got tired of fighting with it, so hey, good enough I guess! Kiki was properly impressed – I rinsed and washed it this morning before taking her to the co-op (I couldn’t wait ’til I got home, I was too worried over how it might have turned out! Last night I dreamt the colors all mixed together and it was mostly brown, with lots of undyed areas…) and she was like "Wow, that’s cool! You even made green and orange!" (because the kit just came with blue, pink and yellow…um, yeah, I know how to mix colors, lol!!) Then she says "I’m proud to call you my mom!" And I’m not sure if I should be happy or offended by that remark!
Now I just need to figure out how to make an angel costume out of this…!! It ‘s hard to really show you the colors, but these are pretty close.
Here is the sheet, folded in half, one pic of each side ~ to give you an idea of the size, this is draped over the back of my 7′ couch ~
The interior swirl ….
Check this out – looks like a snowflake! I couldn’t have done that by trying 🙂
This section is how it should look:
But this section is due to the lack of dye, so you don’t get that cool intermingling of colors:
Well, there you have it! I will post some more pics when I somehow pull an angel costume out of this… good thing it’s just a lil’ ol’ homeschool group!!