So these are the rules, but you all know I am techno-deficient so I don’t know how to "link" to anyone else…so, it’s not that I don’t love y’all, but I can’t "pick on" anyone in particular! Here is my challenge ~ to my lurking-but-not-commenting readers (you know who you are!!) How about some of you doing this, then post a comment here in this entry so we can all get to know you a little better!?!
I chose to make some of these semi-serious rather than silly because, dang it, this world is a giant mess, and our lives are all so screwed up, and my hope is that if someone is helped out by the fact that I am still happy to be alive on planet Earth after all my misadventures, that you see there is still hope for the future, then my embarrasment for posting this crud is all worthwhile!!
- I am "Five foot two, eyes of blue" …and oh what those five feet can do… (that’s a song, isn’t it?)
- When I was in college, I went to Kansas for a week for a school conference…one evening I had too many Bud-lights, danced too much, and I kissed – really kissed – a handsome, blue-eyed, blonde-haired cowboy. (I was recently married at the time.) I’m not proud of that.
- When I am in stressful situations (like social gatherings where I’m not real comfortable) I tend to take refuge in the restroom. Hey, no one knows I’m hiding, because everybody’s gotta go, right? I’ve done this since I was a child.
- I don’t just like animals, I LOVE animals. If I live alone when I am old, I will be that "crazy lady" with a house so full of pets that they call the authorities on me. Serious.
- I have broken my tailbone (diving accident), several ribs (horse related) the same little toe – right foot, about a dozen times (horse related) ring finger (high school softball) severe deep contusion -aka bruising- on my pelvis (horse related) dislocated my jaw twice (once high school soccer, once horse kicked me) and nearly dislocated my shoulder (again, horse related) … not to mention the thousands of just plain ‘beat up and bruised’ …and I still love horses. Did I mention I am crazy??
- I used to be an "ebay" addict, but I’m in recovery!
- Before she died, my little sister was diagnosed as having "Dissociative Personality Disorder" more commonly known as a Multiple Personality. Some people say this doesn’t exist. Some swear it does. I still don’t know, nor do I understand any of it. I have tried – read, researched- still, nothing. My little sister was an enigma to me. I loved her to pieces, miss her like crazy, and carry a lot of guilt for whatever my part was in her troubled life.
- My husband and I have had lots of marital problems. Probably more bad times than good. After more than 23 years, tho, we are still committed to making it work. Someday, by the Grace of God, we are going to get it right.
Well, there ya go. Probably TMI, but hey, someone out there asked for it!! Ha ha, blame her!!