Whether you wanted to know or not, here it is…. My List.
I adore Eggnog lattes, extra hot, please. The other night, I discovered the joy of Eggnog with Kahlua…mmmm.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? It sort of depends on the gift…size, bulkiness, etc.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored, mostly. We have multicolored on the roof, we replace our porch lites and floods with red and green, the tree is mulitcolored as well. But, I do have all white on the garden arbor that leads to the front door.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Gosh, I just forgot? I wonder where I can find some….
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually the weekend of Thanksgiving, never before.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? We always have tamales on Christmas eve, and those are yummy. We don’t always have the same meal, so that’s hard to answer. I actually really like the Christmas morning egg/sausage casseroles we usually have.
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I was sort of an ‘old’ child, a teen… my big sis had her first real job as a grocery clerk so had good money that year, and she bought my parents an antique hall tree…we hid it at my best friend’s house, who lived just 3 doors up…so, at about 2am when my folks finally got to bed, we went to my friend’s house and carried that thing down to our house, dressed in our jammies.. I loved the look on my parent’s faces the next morning, they were so surprised!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? It was a gradual realization… like, mom can’t really disguise her handwriting when signing "from Santa"!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When we were kids we did, and it was always jammies…now, our children carry on that tradition.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Ever since the first year of marriage, I have been collecting ornaments for my tree. Like everything else in my home, it is totally eclectic… from very fancy to kiddie-handmade. Each and every one has a memory attached. I have a real bird’s nest (with fake birds) that I always put in my tree. The final thing I am trying to do is to have a crystal/glass icicle hanging from the end of every single branch. I have a lot, but still have quite a way to go before I reach that goal!
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love to watch it come down, I love when the world is covered in white, I love to go out and play in it…but I hate hate hate driving in it. I’m a big scaredy-cat.
12. Can you ice skate? Yep, and I really like it!
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I haven’t gotten it yet…it’s going to be a beautiful, sweet horse, and it will have a giant red bow around it’s neck…I’ve been waiting my whole life…still waiting…
14. What’s the most important thing about the Holidays for you? As for Christmas, it is that my Savior was born – came to earth as a humble baby to pay the ulitmate price for my salvation. Holidays in general… just hanging out with my family.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Cookies, cookies, cookies…frosted sugar cookies, fudge meltaways, coconut balls, pecan tarts, candy cane cookies…ooooh, I could go on and on…. I’d make a wonderful Mrs. Claus!
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Spending money?? Just kiddin’! There are so many… I love the candlelight Christmas eve service at church. Going to look at lights. Sitting in the dark at night just looking at my wonderfully lit tree. Baking. It’s all good!
17. What tops your tree? A star – always a star. To lead us to the Newborn King.
18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Giving, totally. It’s the only time of year I really, really wish I was rich, so I could give the gifts I really know would bless people…like, a hot tub for mom, new cars for my nephews and my sister…. I love the joy on other’s faces when I can give them something.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? O come, O come, Immanuel.
20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? I like the peppermint ones, but sort of have to be in the mood for one.
21. Favorite Holiday movie This is tough! I like the Muppet version of ‘A Christmas Carol’, Miracle on 34th St., The Bishop’s Wife, A Charlie Brown Christmas, most of the cheesy, classic kid ones….
22. Tinsel or no tinsel? I used to always use tinsel…love the sparkle! Hate how garlands hang. However, I have quit using it for 2 reasons…1) because I am replacing it with the aformentioned crystal icicles, and 2) I was tired of the dogs wagging it all over the house.
23. Do you like to go caroling? Yes, but don’t have many opportunities to do so.
24. Do you sleep in or get up early on Christmas day? Is there an option??? My kiddo is up before the crack of dawn.
25. Do you leave milk and cookies for Santa? Of course, and I enjoy them very much!
Shoot, this took me forever!! I have to run off and pick up my little elf from school… more on that later!